Directions for removing Acrylic polish and other wax residue like mop & glo and Orange glo from hard surface floors. Oil residue from using the wrong cleaners may require mineral spirits.
Always consult the flooring manufacturer for their recommended cleaning methods.
Preparation & materials:
Mix in a bucket (8:1)16 oz (2 cups) of ammonia to 1-gallon of Bona Professional Series Hardwood Floor Cleaner or Bona Professional Series Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner.
Choose the Bona floor cleaner that corresponds with your floor type. You will need a Bona flat mop and a 2 new, unused Bona microfiber mop pads. Other brands of flat microfiber mops are fine providing the mop pads are new and have not been previously used. A white, non abrasive scrubbing pad may be used but may not be necessary.
1. Dip the Microfiber mop pad and wring out so that the pad is saturated but not dripping.
2. Evenly apply the solution in a small section. A 3′ x 5′ area or smaller is recommended.
3. Allow the solution to sit for 30 seconds but no longer than 2 minutes. Then scrub the floor with the Bona Microfiber Mop. A non abrasive scrubbing pad may be used to loosen any excessive build up. A whitish appearance may appear. Remove all residues before moving to the next section.
4. Follow up with a second (clean / new) Microfiber cleaning pad and Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner or Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner, following the label directions.
5. Move to the next section being sure to rinse the Microfiber cleaning pad in the sink with warm water first.
6. Repeat from step one throughout the entire floor.
Important Warnings & Advisements:
*Always perform a small test in an inconspicuous area for good results before performing work. If any adverse or undesired reactions occur consult with a hardwood floor professional before continuing.
*Be advised that complete removal of acrylic polishes may not be possible along board seams or on heavily textured (hand scrapped, natural tile) floors.
*A second or even a third application may be necessary to produce best results.
*The recommended procedure may not be sufficient to assure adhesion or performance of any additionally applied products including Bona Refresher products.
*The recommended procedure is considered best practices and is not a solution for every situation. For extenuating circumstances, please consult with flooring professional before performing any work.
*Always contact the polish manufacturer for removal instructions prior to performing any work.
*Some polishes contain wax and therefore complete removal of the product may not be possible with any stripping methods. It is recommended to consult a professional to determine stripping and recoating possibilities.